Friday, August 21, 2009

NEW OGRES!

Ok, ok I am really sorry that it has taken me sooo long to update. I hurt my ankle at work so I find myself with a little extra time on my hands. My local GW is running a Mordheim champain and they are allowing me to try out the experimental Ogre kingdoms warband. Here are a few of my Heroes.



In the Mordheim your warband is lead by a Maneater. The sword will either represent a great weapon or a caithian long sword. As for the short bow, that is his brace of handguns. This is 1 of 3 that will be used in a Warhammer Fantasy scale battle.



My pictures do not to a great job at showing the detail I have put into this model. The brown stuff on his shoulders are layered beaten copper armour plates. The same style beaten copper is also lining the chain mail on his helmet.





This especially portly Ogre is my Butcher. I went the economical route and converted my Butcher out of the plastic Ogre Bulls. He is modelled with his BANGSTICK!!! Which is most constructed from brass rod and green stuff, topping it off with St. Celestine's Halo... thanks Scooter. Yes it is a bit silly and way over sized, I still think it works.

Well before I prime these models and put them on the painting table, let me know what you think. Stayed tuned for a few painted Bulls and converted Ironguts to come.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like what you did with the Butcher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Jakey. But, I think you're wasting your time with this Ogre crap. Where's my damn walky bots armed with Maxims?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent conversions Jake. How is the Ogre painting coming along ? Did you ever finish them off ?

    While I'm here I wanted to invite you to join our Warhammer forum. We're always on the lookout for keen gamers and warhammer bloggers with something to offer to the community.

    Most of the guys on the forum have been around for a while now, there are about 300 of us. We're mainly about WFB but also have small threads on the other GW games.

    If you're interested:-

    the Fantasy Battle Forum

    All the best,
    Sigmar
    my Warhammer Fantasy bog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your conversions are pretty amazing.
    It would be great if we could see some Work in Progress pics of the bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. FREE Nba Picks
    We Provides FREE Sports Picks,Free MLB Picks,Free NHL Picks,Free NFL Picks,FREE Nba Picks, NFL Expert picks and other sports picks from expert handicapper.

    ReplyDelete